Re: Topband: DX window

To: "Ron Feutz" <feutz@wctc.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: "jbattin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:27:47 -0600
 Although it does not solve problems everywhere, I do not know why is so
hard for Stateside and Canada not to call CQ in the 30-35 window. It is
great to have one place on the band where the DX is not under a CQ'er. Over
the week-end there were numerous times a DX station was calling CQ on or
close to a US CQ'er and when I would call the DX, the CQ'er would go crazy
with QRL. I think it is natural to lose a CQ frequency from time to time in
favor of giving the DX station a break. We should re-enforce the 30-35
window while it is still common practice.
John K9DX