Re: Topband: QSB surfing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QSB surfing
From: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:24:04 -0500

>  If you think he got your
> call wrong - send your call ONLY again and make him send it right before
> going on.  The reason for this - is that once you send an RST - and it is
> copied on the other end - the QSO is going to "complete" without any
> control on your part.

This is the big thing I learned from hanging around with you good topband
guys.

It's never been so much of an issue on higher bands, when miscopies are
rarely the result of total signal disappearance.  I've never had a problem
on 40m if someone comes back to N3MX or N3OU or whatever.

But on the low bands, not sending RST until you hear your call come back
correctly seems critical, because if they think they got it right they'll
stop digging.

73
Dan