Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: "LY2IJ" <ly2ij@qrz.lt>, <w0yk@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "Bo Soegaard" <oz8abe@tdcadsl.dk>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:32:50 +0100
Hi
You can work DX on both 80 and 160 RTTY.  I've worked 148 countries on 80
RTTY and semi rare stuff like 9V, 9K, P4 and VK on 160 RTTY at that time
even without RX antennas.  The Ukraine RTTY contest does include 160m and I
guess the QRM level in the CW portion of the band is not any worse than what
we just heard in the SSB contest.  In EU the RTTY band is from 1838-1842 so
it will quickly be filled...
Someone mentioned freq above 1850 but in most EU contries there is a
powerlimitaion of 10W, but evrybody knows what ON4UN have worked with 10W's
when that was max power in Belgium so that should not be any problem ;-)
73 de Bo
oz8abe