Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: <w0yk@msn.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:07:01 -0000
"Ed Muns" W0YK wrote>>>

> Most (all?) RTTY contests prohibit operation on 160 meters.  Yet, a number
> of RTTY contesters have asked that it be added.  I'd like to hear your
> thoughts on this topic, pro and con.

Hi Ed,

As a RTTY and a 160m DX operator, sorry my vote is a resounding NO!
IMHO there's already too many contests carving up the DX section of the
band.

But thank you for the courtesy of asking for opinions.
I may be mistaken but I dont remember being consulted before one of the most
recent additions was made to Topband contests and QRM  x2, it's Warm-up ;-(

Tnx & 73
Dave