Re: Topband: 1820 BCB

To: lrpmbt@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: 1820 BCB
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:44:41 -0800
lrpmbt@comcast.net wrote:
> The BCB on 1820 has become considerably louder lately. The interference
> has been identified as WDOR  www.wdor.com out of WI. As the audio is
> intelligible. I know of a couple of Emails that have been sent to the
> station. Maybe if more polite Emails are sent to the station corrective
> actions will be taken. Larry W8VVG

Intermods on even multiples of 10 kHz are simply a fact of life
on 160 meters.  Never operate exactly on one of these.  In the
recent Stew Perry, a station was absolutely zero beat at
1820.  I was lucky to be able to copy him.  He was probably
wondering why it was so easy to hold that frequency.

In the rest of the world, change 10 kHz to 9 kHz.

Rick N6RK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK