Re: Topband: DSL knocks out when on TopBand

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DSL knocks out when on TopBand
From: Felipe Ceglia <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:49:45 -0300
Hi,

I have this knock out problem, tried ferrite beads, ferrite cores, coils,
vodoo, black magic...

I came to conclusion that some devices are really built not caring for RF
exposure. Two different revisions of a Speedstream 2400 modem behave
completely different. One could whitstand my 160m TX signal, other not.

Finally I tried a Dlink  DSL-500B that works ok, so far...

73,

Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB
PR1T team member /// Rio DX Group member /// Araucaria DX Group member
http://dxwatch.com /// http://reversebeacon.net /// http://riodxgroup.com

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM, <lrpmbt@comcast.net> wrote:

> > My problem is that when I try to operate on 160 the DSL
> > crashes. I have tried many Type 31 3 inch ferrite rings
> > with 20 turns on both the phone line and the Cat 5 cable
> > from the Zhone modem but even at 200 watts the
> > DSL looses sync.
>
> Herb,
>

> The problem usually comes from the wall wart with RF getting into the
> power supply lead. Most modems us an external PS such as the infamous wall
> wart. Try wrapping the PS lead around the ferrite core as close to the
> modem as possible, the same with the Telco wiring . The other alternative
> is to get a modem with a internal PS. De W8VVG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK