Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:32:32 -0600
That's one heck of a ballpark you have there !

The TS-590S is in the $1500 price range.
The K3, assembled, properly filtered, is at least $3000.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 06/17/2014 01:20 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
On CW, I have used all of the K3 (contest conditions at both supreme and
cruddy locations), TS-590 (less trying conditions), and Ten-Tec Eagle (same
receiver as Orion+RX366). All are ballpark same price range.  I own the
Eagle, and prefer its receiver and user interface, but others might have
different preferences and choose the competition especially if they want to
add a lot of options like the K3 can support.

Tim N3QE

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV<k2av.guy@gmail.com>