Re: Topband: tool for install radials

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: tool for install radials
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:59:09 -0500
When I was in Indiana and laid out radials
for a Butternut, I used an "edger" to cut
a groove in the dirt, then used a hand
tool to dig out Dandilions and push the
wire into the dirt. I ground down the
sharp bevel at the end of the tool so as
to not cut into the insulation. It worked
well enough.

The tool some have pointed to that burys
cable/dog fence wire would be what I did
on steroids and a far better idea if you
can find one.

With my 130' Inv-L radials in CT, I just
laid them down on the marsh floor knowing
they would be fine for the time and soon
would be covered by organic matter & out
of the way.

73,

Gary
KA1J