Re: Topband: Receive loop observations

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receive loop observations
From: James Rodenkirch <Rodenkirch_LLC@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 13:06:26 +0000
I couldn't resist..................K9YC says...."The BEST way to buy ferrite
parts is...buy in quantity from industrial distributors...."

Well, first off, I don't need quantity - I need one or two ferrite
cores.....so, I guess I'm "out of luck," eh?????

Let's see ---  to test K9YC's hypothesis, I went shopping, on line, at three
distributors, one of which was recommended by K9YC, for two ferrite material
cores...

1) Amidon

  2 each FT-114-61 = $4.50
  Shipping = $13.43
  Total: 17.93

2) Newark

  2 each FT-114-61 = $2.60
  Shipping = $9.30
  Total: 11.90

3) W8DIZ' Kits and parts

  4 each FT-114-61 = $7.00
  Shipping = $5.34
  Total: $12.34

Hmmmmmmmmmmm - looks like I can purchase two more of what I need from W8DIZ for
$0.44 more than distributor #2......OR, put another way....it would cost me
$2.16 more to purchase four cores from Newark than from W8DIZ. Ok, in the
context of "fair markup," I guess "reasonable," a term used by myself and K7HP
to describe our dealings with W8DIZ, remains an "ok" descriptor.

71.5/72 de Jim R. K9JWV