Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65

To: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>,Mike va3mw <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 06:13:09 +0000
Mark,

What you are saying is, that by using the K1JT shorthand messages, i e single carriers representing a report, confirmation "RRR" and "73" we are seeing a wonderful advancement in communication technology. JT shorthand messages are nothing but a carrier at a certain frequency offset. They are used all the time to make these wonderful QSO's, taking people up the DXCC ladder at higher speed than ever before.

If only detecting a carrier would have provided me with confirmation of a QSO on Top Band I would certainly have more countries in my log than I do now..

There is nothing wonderful about lowering the amount of data transferred via the airwaves to virtually nothing to complete a QSO, it is going backwards rather than forward in advancement in my view.

73
Peter SM2CEW