Re: Topband: Baker Island DXpedition on 160

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>, C Allen Baker <callen.baker@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Baker Island DXpedition on 160
From: Bryon Paul Veal NØAH <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 19:31:52 +0000
I  have used the Cushcraft MA-160V extensively over the years and it works
amazing well.  It only stands at 36 feet tall for the CW DX window. It is top
loaded.  It is very light.  I don't understand why more DXpeditions don't use
them.   I would not trust the all the parts being included, but once it is
complete, it plays very well.  Always good to use in unison with a RX antenna;
beverage, flag, K9AY, etc.....-

Bryon "Paul" Veal - M.Ed
U.S. amateur radio call sign - N0AH
ARISS International Space Station Committee Member
http://www.ariss.org/
U.S.S. Colorado BB-45 AB0BX Memorial Club Trustee
n0ah@arrl.net<mailto:n0ah@arrl.net>