Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:52:01 -0700
Bingo.  Just like "government shutdowns" where they close Grand Canyon or Yellowstone NPs. Maximize the pain for the general public so we scream.

N7WS

On 8/24/2018 5:21 AM, Brian Pease wrote:
It seems to me that this may be similar to the time when the Government threatened to cut the VHF weather broadcasts or when schools threaten to cut popular arts or sports programs.  I could be wrong, but they may simply be trying to gain sympathy for a larger budget.
Brian, W1IR, VT