Re: Topband: H40TT on 160m

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: H40TT on 160m
From: "John Zantek" <john@zantek.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 22:12:05 -0800
> To keep this on-topic, I worked H40TT on 20 SSB today and told him that we'd
> like some CW on topband. He said that was the other op, but thought he would
> be trying tonight (our morning).

That would have been Grant/KZ1W, who organized the trip and does SSB/FT8.
Rob/N7QT does the CW and is _very_ good.  Both are members of Western WA DX
Club and are great fellows.  They're packing up and coming home on Thursday.
It's been a REALLY wet trip for them; there were delays in getting the low band
receive antennas up, since the local boys couldn't safely climb the slippery
trees in the rain/wind.  I was fortunate to work Rob the first night (my
morning) they were on TB, then Grant the next night on digital.  There was also
no Internet access, so back-channel comms were limited to Rob's Garmin InReach.

73 John W7CD