Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:22:57 -0500
Thanks everyone who responded - I think I know enough to proceed.

I had wondered about the need to open the shield side of the coax - I have 16 turns of RG-400 on a Type 31 core right at the base of the inverted L.  If the darned rain/snow ever stops, I think I'll temporarily re-connect the shield and compare, but my expectation is that a single pole will do the trick.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.