Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing

To: topband@contesting.com, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9ay loop not performing
From: Raoul Coetzee via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 12:47:17 +0000 (UTC)
 Yes Rob, my TX vertical feedpoint was closer to 7 ohm before it being
transformed to 50 ohm by means of a auto transformer style bottom coil and tap.
I have used a big fat relay with massive silver contacts, (it was used in a UPS
to switch battery banks)  but with the actuator coil wires fed trough a choke.
So the whole relay was at RF potential, that way you do not need to worry about
coil/contact isolation spacing.
Raoul ZS1C

    On Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 2:38:50 PM GMT+2, Rob Atkinson