Re: Topband: ARRL CW Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL CW Contest
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 15:32:13 -0600
Perhaps you were on at the wrong time. Most of the 160m contest activity will be for 10 minutes or so after the top of the hour.

John KK9A

from Roger G3YRO
To:     <topband@contesting.com>

Very curious . . .

I came on 160m last night to see what NA stations I could work in the
contest . . . spent half an hour tuning around and only heard 12 stations
calling CQ, all of which I worked.

I then figured it might be worth calling CQ, as hopefully Europeans wouldn't
call me, as they only get points for working NA stations (unlike the CQ WW)

And in just over half an hour I was called by 50 stations !  (I stopped when
signals started dropping out after our sunrise)

I was just surprised that there weren't more big NA signals on 160 calling
CQ, like there is in the CQ WW - is there a reason for this?

Roger G3YRO