Topband: PL259 type connectors for RG11

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: PL259 type connectors for RG11
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 12:22:34 -0700
I'm in the process of building a vertical phased antenna system for 80m and
160m. I am looking to purchase some crimp type connectors to build the
phasing lines but have not found any. RF Parts does not have them.

Somewhere online, it was suggested I use the typical RG8 /213 crimp-on
connector instead and wonder if this is OK? I do know that the center
conductor is smaller in diameter than common RG8/213 cable. Would this make
a difference?  It seems to me that in the past I did use the standard PL259
and soldered the center conductor and braid, but I'd rather use crimp-on
type connectors instead.

Any thoughts or other sources for RG11 type PL259 connectors? I did try
google and eBay, but they all ended up showing either RG6 or 'N' type
connectors.

Ray,
N6VR/W7YA