Re: Topband: Comscope 3227

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Comscope 3227
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:55:23 -0400
Is that "SOLID" copper center conductor or the Copper plated aluminum as is the case with LMR400 these days...8^(

Dave
NR1DX

On 4/8/2021 5:43 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 4/8/2021 2:18 PM, Jim Garland wrote:
On a related topic, I’ve stopped using LMR400 and LMR400UF coax completely for HF work, using instead trusty, old-time RG-213, with its untinned copper braid.

I've used a LOT of Commscope 3227 and their PTFE plenum equivalent. It's loss specs are the same as LMR400, solid #10 copper center, pretty dense tinned copper braid over Al foil. Both solder quite well. The PTFE plenum coax is smaller diameter, so I build it up with heat shrink before mounting the 83-1SP connectors.

73, Jim K9YC