Re: Topband: Balloon Supported Vertical

To: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>, Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Balloon Supported Vertical
From: Adrian <vk4tux@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 08:14:37 +1000
Even here the industrial stuff is not 'pure' helium.

They don't admit this until questioned. Helium molecules being smaller

leak through the latex skin leaving the bigger air molecules trapped behind.

After the session, I usually bring the balloons back into the house and untie them after a few days for re-use,

but for a smaller 80m use size, as they deteriorate and often pop if re-reinflated to original size.

After 2-3 days on the ceiling and reducing to 1/3 -1/4 size they sink to the floor, indicating the residual gas is

not helium, otherwise it would still float. Some have said it is safety feature for people not to black out when breathing

the gas for the funny voice gag, Otherwise it is just paying for what you don't need, to be legally ripped off.

vk4tux