Re: Topband: Balloon Supported Vertical

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Balloon Supported Vertical
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 16:03:33 -0800
Another choice is to buy a cylinder, which is what most consumer/retail users now do in the US. The 150 ft^3 cylinders were going for around $180 empty pre covid. The specific cylinder can be refilled or exchanged which has the advantage of free pressure recertification (at least at my welding supplier).

DON'T buy "private" used cylinders (w/o documentation) as they are often pirated rentals and won't be refilled or might have residual really deadly gas. eg silane SiH4

Grant KZ1W