Re: Topband: Balloon Supported Vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Balloon Supported Vertical
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 11:44:48 -0700
We tried a balloon vertical at V47 in the 80's.  We used an advertising balloon.  It kinda worked but it kept getting pin holes in it.  We believe it was from the sand in the air.  Our location was just off the end of the runway in St. Kitts. We got a visit from some official looking official's but they just looked at it and left.  The helium cost us about 500 dollars if I remember right.

The new kite type balloons probably would work much better.

W0MU