Re: Topband: F connector how-to video

To: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: F connector how-to video
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:12:47 -0800

On 2/3/2022 7:29 PM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
“Why the “F” won’t it go on ?”
https://youtu.be/pE04tDpdhRA <https://youtu.be/pE04tDpdhRA>
73, de steve ve6wz
_________________

YMMV, but what I do is actually use the conical spreading tool you show on the video (that you say doesn't work) and it works perfectly for me every time. I only use Belden connectors, like the ones you show but don't use. I prefer the yellow Palladin stripper and the Platinum Tools Copper Clad Steel Coax Cutters available at Tech Tool Supply.

You are correct that heat is magic for making them go on
easily.  Same as putting hoses on hose barbs (or removing them).  For
hoses I use boiling water.

73
Rick N6RK