Re: Topband: Bad 160m Conditions

To: STEVE MCDONALD <ve7sl@shaw.ca>, Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bad 160m Conditions
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:37:34 -0500
All the flare action normally happens on the downslope of the cycle.   Who knows what will happen then!!

Roger, I am still trying to fix my 160 rx antennas

73

Dave K1WHS

On 1/8/2023 2:41 PM, STEVE MCDONALD wrote:
  >(in fact I don't even recall the Cycle affecting Top Band very much, unlike
the higher bands.

Roger, I somewhat agree that things do seem a little different this time as
even HF is not reflecting what these high flux numbers should be doing. I may
be wrong but this present run-up of the cycle seems to have much more flaring
(sometimes 20-30 per day) than previous cycles have had and these can really
disrupt even HF propagation on the polar path. If we can see several days of a
quiet undisturbed field things might improve for a bit.

Steve 73

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook": http://qsl.net/ve7sl/

VE7SL BLOG - "Homebrewing and Operating Adventures From 2200m to Nanowaves":
http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/