[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure
From: SavageBR@aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 17:43:15 EST
Not really sure. I used screw anchors in the Atlanta area for 24 years and
they were in very good shape when I took them up 3 yrs ago. I am now in the
Savannah area with a new installation. I put a 4 inch dia anchor in the
ground right next to the larger anchors that carry the guys for my tower. I
screw the small anchor out and inspect it once a year and then put it back in
the ground. Each 4 inch anchor is bonded electrically to the larger anchor
and has the same length 60 inch shaft After one more year, I'll have the
confidence to remove the smaller anchors.

It is also a good idea to monitor the guy tension and be sure it remains
constant after the initial stretch.

Bruce  AA4Z