[TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Tri-Ex

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Tri-Ex
From: w8ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:55:17 -0500

> I certainly hope they do produce very high quality towers, but ISO 9001
> certification does not ensure high quality, only consistent quality.

I have dealt with Will-Burt Manufacturing for nearly 20 years in the
broadcast business. They build nearly all of the pneumatic (microwave)
masts used in live broadcast vehicles, emergency light "towers" on
emergency vehicles, specialty masts for the military, etc.  While they
have on occasion had quality problems, they have always stood behind
their products.

I spoke to my contact at Will-Burt about their acquisition of Tri-Ex
this week and he indicated they were about half way through engineering
analysis, and redesign/strengthening where necessary.  We purchase the
pneumatic product direct from Will-Burt ...

I like the prospect for the "new" Tri-Ex with Will-Burt.  Their
production capacity should be greatly enhanced and their quality
should be much more consistent.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK