[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?
From: ed@privette.com (Ed W4EP)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:12:31 +0000

I, for one, totally agree with your position. I to live in an isolated
rural area that would not have been my wife's first choice but she married
a ham. After all these years she sees many more reasons for this "splendid
isolation". The top item on the contract to buy this place was no
antenna  or tower restrictions by CCR. I think people who so desire can
choose areas that restrict pets or kids or antennas or personal water craft
or the color of your  car if they jointly so choose. I live near the crest
of a mountain top. My view is unobstructed for 50 miles, 9 mountain ranges.
I can't imagine a ham moving in front of me with a big ugly tower and I
bought enough land to insure that don't happen. My two big ugly towers are
behind me ;-)

73, Ed

At 05:10 AM 12/30/01 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello All
>I have been following this thread and I read the newsletter from the ARRL.
>I don't think this is an issue for the ARRL or the FCC. After all if you
>choose to buy a house in an area that has CC&R's then you know from the
>time you bought the house you couldn't put up a tower or outside

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----