[TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:24:54 +0000
> Drain pipe "can" be hard to fish through at times. (hint---put a
> rope inside
> it as you go along putting it together)

That's worth doing.  Another way is to fasten a string on the
end of a "sized-to-fit" paper cup or a handmade cone,
place this "paper slug" in one end of the pipe,
then insert a shop vacuum hose in the other end.
turn on the shop vac and let 'er rip.  The string will trail
along behind the slug.  When it is through, tie a rope on the
string and pull it through.  I like to have a loop of rope
in the tube to avoid having to vacuum another string through.

It is best to have several smaller tubes instead of one large
one.  Otherwise, at some time or other, a bunch of cables
can become a tangled mess inside a larger tube, making new
"pulls" very difficult.

My underground tube terminates in concrete boxes...one time
I was working with the cover off when a field mouse jumped in
and ran inside the tube!!!  Chased him out the other end with
a paper cup and shop vac!! :-)))))

73,
Charlie, N0TT
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!