[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS
From: ag0n@arrl.net (ag0n@arrl.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:41:18 -0700
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:17:10 -0800 (PST), WYsixK wrote:

> Veeelllllyyyyy interestiing observation.   Hmmmmmm.  Maybe I should
> adjust my nesting fixture so there is some tension on the cable when
> it's down all the way.  But I can never get tension on both the pull up
> and pull down portions of the cable at the same time.  So I'm sorta
> stuck with some moisture ingress whether I like it or not.

I would guess that there is MUCH less stress applied to a pull-down
cable.  Mind you, I've never been around a tower that had positive
pull-down, but my guess would be that you should leave it with full
weight on the support cable and not worry about the pull-down cable when
retracted.

gm
--
There is no x in my ISPs domain name.