[Towertalk] RF transparent support poles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RF transparent support poles
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:57:59 -0600
"Eliptical Radiation that is not measured by Elnec"?

Sounds like "Smoke and Mirrors" to me Dave.

Ground Reflection coefficients are independent of
antenna type for horizontal polarization and are
solely dependent on HEIGHT above ground.

I know people who worked DXCC on 80M using
dipoles / inverted vees at 35 ft.  That doesn't
mean they are EFFECTIVE  DX antennas.

Tom  N4KG