[Towertalk] Harness (Was: shoes...)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Harness (Was: shoes...)
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:39:52 -0700
Lots of good harnesses out there, K7LXC has recommended a couple of
particular styles in the past. They will all keep you up there, the
important thing is FIT and convenience of use. Do a Google search on "full
body harness" and you'll spend a week looking, or search the archives for
the K7LXC recommendation. Most are in the $100-$150 range. On the boots, if
you don't give a rip about cost and want only the best, then see
http://www.boot.com/bbblin.htm. Most of our phone company guys who like to
climb poles (I personally like my ladder!) wear Wesco boots, as do many
forest fire "hotshot" crews. I'd buy the 10" lace-to-toe (non-steel toe)
version for about $300, if I were buying, which I'm not, because I wear good
ol' $125 Red Wing steel shanks. Have fun, and think first, move second.
73, Jerry W5KP