[Towertalk] side mounting large beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] side mounting large beam
From: kz1x@yahoo.com (Steve Jackson)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:16:15 -0800 (PST)
I am thinking about mounting a Force12 C-36XR on the
side of my Rohn 55G tower, at about 55 feet.

This will be a fixed-mount configuration; no rotor.
No phasing with the rotatable antenna, either ... the
10-15-20 and 40 M yagis on this fixed-aim boom will be
individually switched in.

The question:  How much of an offset from the tower is
necessary for this to work well?

I plan on using an W9IIX SO-3 or SO-3L mount.

Second question:  How does one climb past this antenna
to work on stuff above it?

Additional information: The tower is 80' tall and is
guyed with Phillystran 6700 at 40 and 80 feet (using
Rohn torque arms).

Steve KZ1X/4