[Towertalk] Double protection - climbing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Double protection - climbing
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:49:39 -0500
At 09:15 AM 12/16/02 -0600, Mark Beckwith wrote:
>We should all be glad he lived to tell this story.  Anyway, whenever I
>reattach, before I unattach the above mentioned double protection, I
>visually inspect my main lanyard to assure it is attached to my belt on both
>ends.

Absolutely -- I'm also nervous enough that after I attach the positioning
lanyard, I keep the fall-arrest line attached, AND I hang onto the tower
while I push back against the positioning lanyard with a useful share of my
total weight, so I'm triple checked.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower