Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inverted L

To: Jerry Connelly <jerryc@clinchrivercorp.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inverted L
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:23:34 +0000
All that dipoles do on 160M is to warm the clouds above your house.  I'd shunt
feed the tower.  That's what I do and it's a killer.  Just remember that
whatever you do, you'll want to investigate low band receiving antennas also.
You want vertically polarized, low angle of radiation transmit signal for 160M
but that also will receive all the vertically polarized noise from around the
area therefore the need for receiving antennas.  If you have no room for a
beverage (500 ft. min per my experience) then investigate the loops, pennants,
flags, etc.  I have a rotatable delta loop that works very well.  I can send
some urls of info if you need.  Gd luck, Phil  KB9CRY