[TowerTalk] Rohn

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn
From: "Michael J.Castellano" <km1r@cshore.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 06:22:22 -0500
All the politics aside, one of the major reasons Rohn got into this mess is
poor market strategy.  When the Cellular/PCS frenzy
came about they steered most manufacturing towards that end of the industry. We
small business tower jocks had a tough time
getting parts, tower sections from Rohn (not R25 or 45). When the cellular
industry started levelling out (most of the buildout
completed), Rohn was saddled with a manufaturing setup that was not geared to
the two way/smaller user.

If you wanted to order 1000 monopoles, you were all set. If your mom and pop
tower company needed a couple of parts, well...

Rohn seemed to have forgotten its roots, and real supporters, and ultimately
and sadly paid the price.  I got so fed up,
I started to investigate Pirod, Central Tower, Grasis etc.

I guess putting most of the eggs in one basket really isnt a good idea!

73, and have a safe and happy Chritmas!

Mike KM1R

retired tower jock... and lovin it!