Re: [TowerTalk] New? Cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New? Cable
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:00:38 -0600
Since when is asking about something the same as jumping to conclusions? And where does Jim cast aspersions on non-us made products? He has just pointed out that there are some persons out there that might be out to make money in a less than ethical fashion, and that we as consumers should be aware of that. Then he goes on to say that he intends to contact them and inquire.

And you can attest to the quality of the product having just installed some of it. Now, how is it going to stand up to the test of time? I know I have bought bargain coax that looked good when new, but went bad way too soon. Turns out it was no bargain after all.

All I can say is that I probably would pass on this company. I have no knowledge of the quality of their product. It could be good or not so good. But if I am going to go to the time, expense & trouble to string coax, I do not want to take a chance of putting up something that may not last. That doesn't mean that I think you didn't get a good deal. I just want to do something once & am willing to invest in a product with a proven track record. I may miss some excitement that way.