Re: [TowerTalk] 6 m beam info needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 m beam info needed
From: "Bill VanAlstyne" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:32:57 -0600
Dan,

This looks like the antenna called the "Hy-Gain 66DX" in my Yagi Optimizer 7.5.
The dimensions you give are very close to, but not EXACTLY the same as, those
given in the model. That said, the YO model does not include the element-to-boom
brackets, which it should. If you give me the dimensions of the Hy-Gain
element-to-boom brackets used on this antenna, I can give you the taper lengths
for the parasitic elements. I can also probably improve on the original design a
bit, especially if you want better front-to-rear than the stock antenna.  :-)

Bill / W5WVO