Re: [TowerTalk] 6 m beam info needed

To: "TOWER TALK" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"daniel hearn" <dhearn@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 m beam info needed
From: "Arne Gjerning" <gjerning@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:22:08 -0600
Daniel

Is the matching device REALLY a T Match?  The HyGain Model 66B is actually a
Beta Match.  The tubing of the match for this model is 56 1/2 inches long
ground to boom in the center.  It does use a BALUN that is about 84 inches
long.

Element spacing on my model is 47 1/4, 40 1/4, 64 3/4, 62 5/8, 70 7/8.  Used
mine  for about 1 year, took it down and put up a 5el on abt 18ft boom that
is an excellent player (its a 6M5X design but different tubing diameter).
My HyGain 66B is now turning into an 8el on 37ft boom.  BTW, the boom to
element clamps might be stamped with the number 12.  Did not like SWR curve
of original antenna.  New 5el has excellent SWR  100W forward, reverse
needle does not move (BIRD 43).

Hope this info helps.

73 de Arne N7KA

If anone has 3 pair of these clamps they would like to get rid of I sure
could use them.