[TowerTalk] Portable tower info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable tower info
From: "Bryan" <w5kft@nts-online.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:30:42 -0500
Our local amateur club is working on putting together a portable emergency
communications package that can be used in case of local emergency.  Everything
has gone together very well except we are having problems putting together some
type of support for a HyGain TH-3 triband beam.

We are trying to keep the size of the entire communications package down to
where it will fit in the back of a Suburban-Explorer type SUV or a pickup.  We
need to come up with some highly portable way of
supporting the TH-3 up 30-40 feet that could meet this criteria if possible. I
would appreciate hearing from the tower guru's about ideas on how to handle
this situation.

As a possible alternative, we have considered some type of trailer mounted
tower system that could
easily be hauled to a location and erected at the site by a couple of people
EASILY.  Any ideas or
suggestions about this possibility would also be appreciated. Portability and
ease of quick erection
are the keys to either of these options.....

Thanks

Bryan W5KFT