Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops

To: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:33:44 -0400
Many people who have horizontal loops have them low, which is thought to be
good for a big signal close-in -- some of us have experienced having trouble
working close-in stations with antennas that are high -- but a horizontal
loop that's at least a half wavelength up should work fine for DX, and I
expect will be "quieter" (less QRN reception) than other antennas, at least
in some conditions.  73 - Rich, KE3Q