Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops
From: John Kiesel <yamaha_xs_johnny@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:01:20 -0700 (PDT)
I believe in horizontal loops!

I remember using a 4 or 5 wavelength long horizontal
loop at VP2MF's QTH years ago while operating the CQ
CW contest as VP2M. It was fed with open wire line and
was at 60 feet or so. This antenna worked well on 80,
but was outstanding on 40. It was comparable to
Pedro's KP4AST's 3 el at over 100 feet!! If I remember
correctly, I think Chip, K7JA operating there, beat me
by a few mults, but I was right there on qso's.  Boy!
I guess I'm dating myself here!

Johnny  KE7V  ex WA7OTT

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail