Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal
From: "William H. O'Hara III" <ohara@aaahawk.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 08:57:55 -0400
Well,

I should point out some of the bizarre things
in this country.  Especially since the fellow
has claimed that the ham in Wheaton has
lived in the past and the laws should be
updated.

A woman in Texas has been pushing to
change the laws regarding bicycling.  She
had wanted to remove the laws allowing
bicycling to occur on the roads and highways
of Texas subject to all the rules of other
vehicles.  Why?  Her child failed to observe
the said rules.  The result of his infraction
was to engage in an accident.  The accident
would have been totally avoided, if he had
followed the rules.

This is the type of mentality that is causing
the problems.

Now, I think that the neighbor that has
25 abandoned cars in his front and back yard
next to me, which is just darn ok.  However,
if something happens with a fire or a spark
and sets off all of that unspent gasoline, then
we would all be trouble.  This is the reason for
certain rules to protect the safety of others from
the individual.

N1EY