Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, k8do@mailblocks.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:38:44 -0700 (PDT)
Jim Lux Wrote:
"My point is that the average voter has a hard time
reconciling making
special exceptions so that  amateurs can provide a
service that they
think
government can and should provide."

one way to look at this is that the government is
providing it via federally licensed amateur radio
stations.

just a thought....

Dan N8DCJ