RE: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal

To: "'Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)'" <nv8a@att.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal
From: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:35:08 -0600
When I lived in Florida I saw lots of those "look-a-like" developments.
I always said one had better not come home drunk late at night.  You
might find it difficult to know which house is yours...  A friend of
mine paid over $250K for his cookie cutter home in one of those HOA
subdivisions.  Had to keep the grass at a certain height, no campers on
the driveway etc, etc.  The lot is so small you can almost touch the
neighbor's house from the property line.  But they like where they live.
I opted for a two acre lot with no controls for less than $200K.
Comparable houses, but more freedom.  Where I live now, I made sure I'd
have the freedom to put up my antennas without any HOA interference as a
condition of purchase. So far so good. Can some neighbor complain some
day, sure.  But the city office said go ahead as long as you keep the
structure under 70 feet.  No permit required.  So the tower's been up
for about two months now with the antenna at 64 feet.  Keeping my
finger' crossed.

Noel