Re: [TowerTalk] thief

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thief
From: "Kelly M. McDaniel" <K5KTD@qsl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:25:28 -0500
I agree albeit with some mitigating thoughts.

Though the language of the message could have been much more factual
and much less emotional, the sharing of this kind of information is
part of what keeps the Ham community a "community". My opinion is that
the basic information conveyed in the message is appropriate.  However,
the list admin mentioned in a post that he asked (or told?) the poster
not to post the message.  If that's the case then there is a different
circumstance to consider when pondering suspension. Regardless the
topic or content of any given message, if the list admin says "don't
post it" and you post it anyway, the sole decision to suspend or not is
the prerogative of the list admin.

OM's, this is a matter of mutual respect more than any other single
factor.  If the situation was represented accurately in the offended
party's post, the offender showed considerable lack of respect for a
fellow ham.  The offended OM also showed considerable lack of respect
for the OM's in the list in the manner that he conveyed the information
to the list. Finally, the list admin demonstrated what I submit was
lack of respect in posting the "Why shouldn't I suspend you" public
message in this forum.

Now that the situation has been aired and we are informed to be prudent
in our transactions, and it appears that the offended OM's situation is
enroute to resolution, I humbly suggest that we replace whatever
inappropriateness transpired with a healthy round of respectfulness in
the rich and long-standing tradition of the Amateur Radio Service...73,
Kelly / K5KTD.