Re: [TowerTalk] thief

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thief
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:25:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/05 3:11:57 AM Greenwich Standard Time, tom@klient.com
writes:
Phil:  if it was a mistake for the seller to send the goods before receiving
payment, it would be an equal mistake for the buyer to send payment before
receiving the goods.

Outside of meeting in person to exchange goods-for-cash, what is the
"business by the book" conduct you propose?

Tom, NI1N
I buy and sell a lot of tower stuff on KA9FOX's site as well as the eham
site.

Some rules:

If you are a seller, never ship until you have a money order or cashiers
check in hand.  If you must take a personal check, make sure you give it plenty
of
time to clear.  Disregard this if the guy is someone you know well.  I do.

If you are a buyer, unless you are buying five PL-259 connectors, do your
homework on the seller.  Check the "good guy reports." Is the guy an active
ham?
Does anyone know him?  Can you talk to him on the phone?  Is he evasive about
providing more info and pictures of the goods?  I have found it wise to trust
your gut feeling on these matters.  It's better to pass up a super deal that
seems a little shady, than get burned.  That's just my thoughts.  Then again I
just play the nickel slots when i go to Vegas

I can say I have never been burned and I hope that anyone who has bought
something from me feels the same way.

Bill K4XS