Re: [TowerTalk] Bicep Cramping

To: Mike Wetzel <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bicep Cramping
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:36:36 -0400
 From the standpoint of an ex-coach, the problem can be avoided by doing
all those things FIRST.  Heavy intake of fluids is necessary BEFORE
doing the activity .. and .. WHILE doing it.  Don't wait until the
cramping begins .. prevent it.
As for 'sport drinks' with electrolytes .. most of them are simply
big-$$$ makers for the companies ... water is the important fluid!

Now ... while you're up on the tower .. make sure you extend your arms
regularly to stretch the bicep muscles and keep them from being in the
contracted position for long periods of time.  If they don't get
stretched, they will contract and cramp often.  [One good way to extend
them is to hold a wrench and let the arm hang, but don't overdo the weight!]
Good luck ... was hoping you were going to help me put up my towers in
Indiana ... but, now that I've moved to Michigan, I have to find other
'tower monkeys'.
Don
N8DE