Re: [TowerTalk] Bicep Cramping

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bicep Cramping
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:03:29 -0500
I'm not an expert on the subject, but I can give you my own
observations. Back in the days when I was a decent tennis player (in
Florida), cramping was often a problem for players, especially when
playing tournaments in hot weather. It seems that the combination of
heat and a large flow of adrenaline is a worse case scenario. Much the
same as being on a 140 ft tower on a hot day.

The two items you mentioned, water and potassium were often suggested,
but most of all, consume these before you get into the activity.
Physical conditioning is also a big factor. The better more muscle tone
you have the more you can withstand before cramping. Notice I didn't say
that would eliminate cramping, you will just be able to withstand more
before you do get them. Ever notice in major tennis matches how guys
sometimes develop leg cramps, and these guys are in top-notch condition,
however they are putting out far above average effort.

Maybe there are some doctors on here who can give some better information.

Jerry, K4SAV