Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem-update from the front lines

To: 'Dan Hearn' <dhearn@air-pipe.com>,'Bill Carnett' <ah6fc@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com,'Jerry Keller ' <k3bz@arrl.net>(K3BZ)
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR problem-update from the front lines
From: <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:27:32 -0400
I sure wish this thread had popped sooner.  I dug a 100ft trench a few weeks
ago...was going to go with direct burial bu decided
to go the extra mile and put in some 3-in Sched 40 insteady.  The risers come
out and I used those end-caps commonly used for
electrical cables servicing a house.  It makes the cables exit the pipe
pointing down.

I ALMOST drilled some drain holes exactly for this concern, but for some reason
I decided not to.  Should have gone with my
initial instinct.

73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065

On Wed Jun 13 13:05 , "Jerry Keller (K3BZ)"  sent: