Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Standard

To: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Standard
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:10:18 -0400
I see no reason why tinned stranded wire couldnt be used since the oxidation
issue of bare copper is minimized.

However 2/0 is ridiculous for ham towers, perhaps it is a typo in the regs
and they meant #2??

Also why not use jacketed battery cables?  You can buy #4, #2, 0, 00 and 000
in either bulk or pre made lengths from places that cater to antique autos,
farm equipment and heavy trucks. It is easy enough to seal the ends. I use
00 on my 1954 Ford F350 6V system.

Carl
KM1H