Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical for Tower Top

To: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical for Tower Top
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:26:02 -0400
I had problems keeping a Diamond tribander on the top of my mast, it was
simply too flimsy to survive 100' above the tree line on my exposed hilltop.
Solution was to side mount upside down and loose the 17' of height; never
could tell any difference and I used it for simplex FM in contests. Sealed
the connection and had no water ingress. A big flow finally destroyed it
this spring but it lasted 10 years.

Carl
KM1H